Clothes have a way of showing an individual’s personality, and for women, a well fitting dress or skirt can make all the difference. A dress that accentuates all the right curves can make a woman feel like a princess, changing her attitude and the way she feels about her body. When searching for the perfect dress, it is important to understand the many options available and what style best suits each body type.
Styles of Dresses
Listed below are a few of the more popular and commonly worn dress styles.
- Skater. A skater style is a full skirt that flows over the hips and thighs, with an attached form-fitting top. This style of dress is best suited for an “apple or rectangle” shaped body.
- Peplum. A peplum is a style of dress that has a ruffle attached at the waistline. This style is very flattering for those who may be “pear, hourglass or rectangle” shaped.
- Sheath. This is a simple and plain style of dress. A sheath style hugs the body and almost always will fall beneath the knee. Those who may have an “hourglass” figure are known for wearing this style of dress.
- Shift. A shift dress is said to be one of the most comfortable styles to wear. With an ill-defined waistline, a shift dress can flatter any figure.
- Blouson. Blouson styles are a style of dress that has a definitive divide between the top and the lower half of the dress. The divider allows for the top to look more like a ruffled blouse, with the lower half looking more like a close fitted skirt. Those who have an “hourglass” or an “inverted triangle” figure are known to look well in this style of dress.
- A-Line. A more popular style, an A-line is a dress that is narrower at the top and flares to the bottom, resembling the letter A. Due to the waist like being known to cinch, A-line dresses should be worn with caution as to not look frumpy. A-line’s may be best worn by those with a “pear”, “hourglass”, or “slim-shaped” figure.
Whether dressing up for an elegant dinner party or wanting to wear a dress for comfort, there are numerous options available for every woman no matter her body type. Every woman deserves the chance to feel beautiful inside and out. Go shopping for dresses today at your nearest department store or online boutique.